TELEVISION.AU — The History Of Australian Television has been nominated in the Australian Writers’ Centre Best Australian Blogs Competition 2014.
While the competition judges decide their winners of the competition, all blogs nominated are now open for voting in the People’s Choice Award.
The TELEVISION.AU website was established in 2000 and expanded to include the blog in 2007.
Both sites were amalgamated into the single platform in 2012.
Features on this website include:
- Timeline history for decades from 1950s to today
- Special articles from within the last 12 months — The Box and Class Of ’74, Video Village, TV1, Adventure Island, The Little People, the opening of the Sydney Opera House, buying a TV set in 1963, World Expo 88, Graham Kennedy’s News Show, Mass For You At Home, the 1964 launch of ATV0 and Seven Mackay.
- News on TV — including how TV covered the JFK assassination and Federal Election in 1963, Today in the 1960s, the battle for local news in Canberra and how journalism was changing in the early days of television.
- Feature Articles on significant events, programs, genres and people — e.g. Cop Shows, Music Programs, Number 96, Neighbours, Bert Newton, TV Week, Logie Awards, Aggregation, SBS, Melbourne Cup, Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal, Four Corners, Play School, Olympic Games.
- 50 Years of Television — various channels including BTQ7, ABQ2, TVW7, TVT6, ABT2, ABW2, GLV10, BCV8, GMV6, BTV6, NBN3, WIN4, CBN8, TNQ7, DDQ10, CTC7, TNT9.
- TV Week Logie Awards — including 50 years (1961, 1962, 1963), 25 years (1986, 1987, 1988) and 10 years (2002, 2003) ago.
- Classic TV Guides — more than 300 listed, covering every state and territory. Since January this year another 30 guides have been added.
- Weekly summaries for the corresponding week in 1978, 1979, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993 and 1994 as reported in TV Week and TV Times magazines.
- News and updates on current events in television
- The development of digital television and the phasing out of analogue.
- A joint venture with TV Tonight looking at the longest running shows on TV.
To vote for this website in the People’s Choice Award please click on the above logo or here and follow the prompts. This site is listed under “T” for Television.AU.
Voting closes Monday 5 May 2014 at 5.00pm AEST.
Your vote is much appreciated. Thank you!